Recipe by bricookie55
I found this cookie recipe in my Sunday paper while I was clipping coupons. Haven't tried yet, but they look really yummy!
Top Review by AKdecor8Kakes
I got the recipe from the Sunday paper too. I made one batch and mailed to family. Also, I didn't frost them. Everyone loved them. My daughter even wants the recipe because they taste so good. Next time I make these I would like to try different flavors, lemon etc.(husband didn't like candy chips) They definitely go quickly and are quite popular. Well worth the time. :)
- 236.59 ml butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml peppermint candy, crushed
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml cornstarch
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 14.79-29.58 ml milk
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 29.58 ml peppermint candies, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Cream butter, sugar, crushed candy, and vanilla thoroughly using an electric mixer. Gradually blend in flour and cornstarch.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Gently press down on each cookie to flatten, either using fingers or a flat-bottomed drinking glass that has been dipped in sugar to prevent sticking.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until bottoms begin to brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For frosting: combine powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly until frosting is smooth. Drizzle cookies with frosting and sprinkle with crushed candy.