Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great for Christmas!! A great light recipe from Rose Reisman.
Make and share this Peppermint Candy Chocolate Brownies (Light) recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat yogurt or 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mint chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup light cream cheese
- 2⁄3 cup icing sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- dusting icing sugar
- 1⁄4 cup crushed candy cane
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Spray an 8-inch square pan with cooking oil.
- For the brownies, combine the sugar, oil, egg and vanilla in a bowl and mix well. Add the cocoa, mixing it in well. Add the flour, baking powder, yogurt and chocolate chips, mixing just until combined and smooth. Don’t overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake in the center of the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, just until set. Do not overbake. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes before icing.
- To make the icing, place cream cheese, icing sugar, 1 ½ tsp cocoa powder and water in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Spread over the top of the brownies.
- Cut into squares and garnish with a dusting of icing sugar, sprinkle crushed candy cane on top or simply drizzle melted dark and white chocolate overtop.