Great for Christmas!! A great light recipe from Rose Reisman.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup low-fat yogurt or 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mint chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup light cream cheese
- 2/3 cup icing sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- dusting icing sugar
- 1/4 cup crushed candy cane
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F Spray an 8-inch square pan with cooking oil.
- 2For the brownies, combine the sugar, oil, egg and vanilla in a bowl and mix well. Add the cocoa, mixing it in well. Add the flour, baking powder, yogurt and chocolate chips, mixing just until combined and smooth. Don’t overmix.
- 3Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake in the center of the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, just until set. Do not overbake. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes before icing.
- 4To make the icing, place cream cheese, icing sugar, 1 ½ tsp cocoa powder and water in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Spread over the top of the brownies.
- 5Cut into squares and garnish with a dusting of icing sugar, sprinkle crushed candy cane on top or simply drizzle melted dark and white chocolate overtop.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppermint Candy Chocolate Brownies (Light)
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.3
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 65.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: