Peppermint Candy Chocolate Brownies (Light)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Spray an 8-inch square pan with cooking oil.
- For the brownies, combine the sugar, oil, egg and vanilla in a bowl and mix well. Add the cocoa, mixing it in well. Add the flour, baking powder, yogurt and chocolate chips, mixing just until combined and smooth. Don’t overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake in the center of the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, just until set. Do not overbake. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes before icing.
- To make the icing, place cream cheese, icing sugar, 1 ½ tsp cocoa powder and water in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Spread over the top of the brownies.
- Cut into squares and garnish with a dusting of icing sugar, sprinkle crushed candy cane on top or simply drizzle melted dark and white chocolate overtop.