Every Christmas my friends and family look forward to this in the cookie tins I make for all of them. They get very upset when I do not make this. It is so easy to make. However, you will want to give them away as soon as possible because they are very addicting.
- 2 lbs white chocolate (preferably Guittard brand white chocolate chips- they seem to melt smoother)
- 12 candy canes, crushed into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract (1/2 tsp. if using oil)
- Melt white chocolate either in a double boiler or in a bowl over a pot of boiling water.
- Stir in crushed candy cane and peppermint flavoring into melted white chocolate.
- Line a 11x17" baking pan with wax paper.
- Pour and spread chocolate mixture onto wax paper.
- Chill until firm and break into pieces.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.