Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
minty and good.
Make and share this Peppermint Candy Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup crushed peppermint candy
- Combine margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla in large mixing bowl.
- Beat on high for 3 minutes.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and powder and salt.
- Add alternately with water to creamed mixture.
- Blend just until combined; add candy.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured round pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Eat plain or frost with vanilla icing.
- Garnish with crushed peppermint candy.
This is really really good! My hubby had asked for this cake for his birthday cake, so I came on and it ended up being the best pick. I also had everything on hand and used crushed candy canes and it turned out SUPER!!! Thanks so much for the recipe!