1/2 Photos of Peppermint Candy
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
I've been making these for years as they are easy to whip but have and excellent flavor. What colors you make them and how you decorate them depends on the occasion. Originally from a Philadelphia Cream Cheese booklet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 113.39 g cream cheese, softened
- 14.79 ml butter
- 14.79 ml light corn syrup
- 1.23 ml peppermint extract (or few drops peppermint oil)
- 946.36 ml powdered sugar
- green food coloring
- red food coloring
- sifted powdered sugar
- green decorating icing (optional)
- red decorating icing (optional)
- white decorating icing (optional)
- melted chocolate (to garnish) (optional)
- 1Beat cream cheese, butter, corn syrup and extract in large mixing bowl at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended.
- 2Gradually add 4 cups powdered sugar; mix well.
- 3Divide mixture into thirds. Knead a few drops green food coloring into one third; repeat with red food coloring and the second third. Leave the last third white.
- 4Wrap each third in plastic wrap.
- 5Working with one color mixture at a time, shape into 3/4-inch balls.
- 6Place on waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Flatten each ball with bottom of glass that has been lightly dipped in confectioner's sugar.
- 7Repeat with remaining mixtures.
- 8Decorating with icing or melted chocolate.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppermint Candy
Serving Size: 1 (10 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 40.3
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 8.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 0.1 g