I've been making these for years as they are easy to whip but have and excellent flavor. What colors you make them and how you decorate them depends on the occasion. Originally from a Philadelphia Cream Cheese booklet.
- 113.39 g cream cheese, softened
- 14.79 ml butter
- 14.79 ml light corn syrup
- 1.23 ml peppermint extract (or few drops peppermint oil)
- 946.36 ml powdered sugar
- green food coloring
- red food coloring
- sifted powdered sugar
- green decorating icing (optional)
- red decorating icing (optional)
- white decorating icing (optional)
- melted chocolate (to garnish) (optional)
- Beat cream cheese, butter, corn syrup and extract in large mixing bowl at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended.
- Gradually add 4 cups powdered sugar; mix well.
- Divide mixture into thirds. Knead a few drops green food coloring into one third; repeat with red food coloring and the second third. Leave the last third white.
- Wrap each third in plastic wrap.
- Working with one color mixture at a time, shape into 3/4-inch balls.
- Place on waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Flatten each ball with bottom of glass that has been lightly dipped in confectioner's sugar.
- Repeat with remaining mixtures.
- Decorating with icing or melted chocolate.