Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From "The Cake Mix Doctor". She suggests an easy way to neatly crush peppermint candy is to place it on a cutting board and cover it with a towel.
- 8 tablespoons butter, room temperature (1 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup finely crushed peppermint candy (about 7 peppermint sticks)
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 1 -2 tablespoon peppermint schnapps or 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Place the butter in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until fluffy, 30 seconds. Stop the machine and add the peppermint candy, confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons milk and 1 tablespoon peppermint schnapps. Blend with the mixer on low speed until the sugar is well incorporated, 1 minute. Increase the speed to medium and beat until the frosting lightens and is fluffy, 1 minute more. Blend in up to 1 tablespoon milk or peppermint schnapps if the frosting seems too stiff.