Recipe by Marsha D.
This is a recipe I found in Paula Deen's Holiday Collector's Magazine. I wanted to share it here at Zaar. It's a simple and easy recipe. I made them for my boys back in North Carolina for their Christmas holiday goody treats I send them every year. I also want to mention that I made mine on top of the stove in a large pot and than transferred it to my electric mixer mixing bowl than added the confectioner sugar 1 cup at a time. I also used the Andes Peppermint baking bits in place of the peppermint candy and 2% milk. NOTE: You need miniature muffin cups and some cooking spray
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 10 peppermint candies, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium size bowl, combine white chocolate chips, butter, milk, and peppermint extract.
- Place bowl in microwave and microwave on high for 30 second intervals, stirring between each until chocolate is melted and smooth (about 2 minutes) If using stove top method add to a medium size pot and stir mixture until melted and mixture begins to bubble. Transfer to electric mixing bowl.
- Gradually add the sugar to mixture and beat at high speed with electric mixer for 3 minutes or until shiny and smooth.
- Spray lightly miniature muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle a little of the crushed peppermint candy on bottom of muffin cup.
- Add 2 Tbs. (more or less) of the candy mixture on top of the crushed peppermint candy in muffin cup.
- Sprinkle the tops with the rest of the peppermint candies.
- Chill for 1 hour before serving.
- NOTE: To crush peppermint candy, place the candies in a zip-lock resealable plastic bag. Seal and crush peppermint with a rolling pin.