Recipe by sams1
Some say this recipe is low guilt - being the peppermint bars are low fat. I will not endorse the claim but its a great slice! The slice needs to be refrigerated.
- 80 g peppermint nougat candy bars
- 4 tablespoons reduced fat margarine
- 3 cups rice bubbles
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 1⁄4 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 5 drops peppermint extract (essence)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place roughly chopped nougat bars, margarine and syrup in a bowl. Melt on high in microwave for 2 minutes. Stir well and return to microwave for 1 minute.
- Beat mix until smooth.
- Pour melted mix into bowl with rice bubbles, mixing well.
- Coat slab tin with cooking spray and press mix into tin evenly and refrigerate.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Spread over set base and refrigerate.
- When set cut into 15 slices.