Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My sister-in-law brought these for Christmas and I have made them many times since. I have yet to bring these somewhere & not have to give out the recipe. They are my kids favorite brownie recipe & if you like peppermint flavor, you will love these!
- 1 (22 1/2 ounce) package brownie mix (I use Betty Crocker with the Hershey's syrup pouch)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares (or use 3 oz of chips)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 candy canes, crushed (or use peppermint candies) (optional)
- Bake brownies according to package directions in a 9 x 13" pan. Cool. Blend sugar, milk, peppermint extract and 4 tbsp butter until smooth; spread over cooled brownies. Melt chocolate and 3 tbsp butter in microwave (do not overcook, just until melted. I do 12 seconds at a time, stir, 10 more seconds, etc). When chocolate is melted, stir and spread over the peppermint icing. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes if you choose. When chocolate is set, cut into squares.
Wonderful! But you have to love peppermint! A friend from church introduced me to these, but didn't have the recipe. She gave it to me verbally, but couldn't remember all the measurements. This is the recipe! I couldn't stay away from them!
Very good. I love peppermint and chocolate and these hit the spot. These will be great for Christmas. Made for Spring PAC 2010.
Yumm! I made this as a last minute addition to my Christmas cookie platters for my coworkers, as I had a lot of brownie mix in my pantry. I added green food coloring to the frosting for a more festive flair. Somehow, I omitted the butter in the frosting (but added it to the chocolate), but it still turned out yummy. Next time I'll try it the right way! Thought it tasted like way too much mint extract, but found it was just right when eaten on the brownie/chocolate (finished product). I was already being asked for the recipe the next day! This will become a staple for my Christmas platters from now on! Thank you!