Recipe by Darcy's Diner
My sister-in-law brought these for Christmas and I have made them many times since. I have yet to bring these somewhere & not have to give out the recipe. They are my kids favorite brownie recipe & if you like peppermint flavor, you will love these!
Top Review by Karatemom6
Wonderful! But you have to love peppermint! A friend from church introduced me to these, but didn't have the recipe. She gave it to me verbally, but couldn't remember all the measurements. This is the recipe! I couldn't stay away from them!
- 1 (22 1/2 ounce) package brownie mix (I use Betty Crocker with the Hershey's syrup pouch)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares (or use 3 oz of chips)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 candy canes, crushed (or use peppermint candies) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake brownies according to package directions in a 9 x 13" pan. Cool. Blend sugar, milk, peppermint extract and 4 tbsp butter until smooth; spread over cooled brownies. Melt chocolate and 3 tbsp butter in microwave (do not overcook, just until melted. I do 12 seconds at a time, stir, 10 more seconds, etc). When chocolate is melted, stir and spread over the peppermint icing. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes if you choose. When chocolate is set, cut into squares.