Recipe by ccap
This was a favorite of mine as a child and that hasn't changed. My siblings and I still fight over them when my mom makes them.
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped raisins
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 tablespoon hot milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Cream margarine, sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Stir in melted chocolate.
- Blend in dry ingredients and cream.
- Spread on 2 wax paper lined 8x8 pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cool and put layers together with peppermint cream icing.