Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a frozen dessert that I always requested from my mom when I was younger. It is so delicious. Even though it's frozen I eat it all year long, even in the winter!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 (1 ounce) chocolate squares
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 egg whites, beaten stiff
- 1⁄2 gallon mint chocolate chip ice cream, slightly softened
- Spread a graham cracker crust in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Melt butter and chocolate. Add egg yolks, sugar and vanilla. Fold in egg whites.
- Pour mixture over graham cracker crust. Freeze 1 hour. Spread ice cream over cooled layer and refreeze until serving.
Mint chocolate chip is my favorite ice cream so I just had to try this! I thought that this would be on the sweet side so I cut the powdered sugar in half to 1 cup and that worked out really well. Thanks for another way to enjoy my favorite ice cream!
This was a great dessert on a hot summer day! I was kinda leery about using raw eggs, but I'm still standing the day after I ate it haha! This was super easy to make and tasted great too.