Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I got this recipe from Simply Recipes.They are my new cookie for Christmas 2008.These are so fudgy,they are like a brownie.The recipe for the Peppermint Bark comes from the same site but it is pretty much the same as #269170 here on Recipezaar.
- 236.59 ml butter
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml peppermint bark, broken into little chip size pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cream the butter and sugars together for about two minutes at medium speed or until well incorporated and light in color.
- Add the egg and the vanilla extract until well incorporated, about a minute. Be sure to scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl halfway through.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa powder. Add to the butter mixture slowly, and beating at medium speed, stopping once all of it is incorporated (do not overmix).
- Fold in the peppermint bark chips.
- Take small spoonfuls of the dough and roll into one inch sized balls and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for -12 minutes. Let cool on the pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
These cookies have a great taste - chocolate and mint go so well together! The dough became rather hard to work with after I added the flour, but the end result was worth it. I also made some mini cookies and I should have decreased the baking time by more than I did because they turned a little hard, but still delicious! Took them to a holiday party and received compliments. This recipe is a keeper!