Luby Luby Luby's Note:
I've always loved the Peppermint Bark that was available at Christmas, but hated the high cost. This is a quick & easy version and no it doesn't use expensive high quality chocolate, but I've never had any complaints either. The CK Products candy melts can be found at cake decorating and candy supply stores. I've found the CK Products brand to have the best taste of all on the market. They are located in Fort Wayne, IN if you need to contact them to find a dealer in your area. The cook and preparation time does not include letting candy harden. Last, but not least, store this candy by itself. The peppermint flavor will contaminate any other foods if stored together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) bag ck products candy kote cocoa dark chocolate wafers
- 1 (16 ounce) bag ck products candy kote white chocolate wafers
- 1 (7 ounce) box individually wrapped peppermint candy canes
- 1/4 teaspoon ck products peppermint oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ck products peppermint oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ck products peppermint oil
- 1Unwrap the candy canes and place in a freezer Zip-Loc bag then place it in another Zip-Loc bag.
- 2Using a hammer gently break up the candy canes into small pieces.
- 3Line an 11x17 baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- 4In a microwave safe bowl melt the dark wafers on low or defrost for 2 minutes then stir.
- 5Continue to melt on low in one minute increments stirring well until completely melted.
- 6Add 1/4 tsp + 1/8 tsp peppermint oil to melted chocolate stirring well.
- 7Pour onto foil lined baking sheet.
- 8Let sit for approximately 15 minutes.
- 9Do not refrigerate and do not let harden more than 15 minutes.
- 10While dark chocolate is hardening melt white wafers in the same manner as the dark chocolate.
- 11Add 1/2 tsp peppermint oil to melted wafers and crushed candy cane, stirring to mix well.
- 12Carefully pour over chocolate layer in pan distributing evenly.
- 13Very gently spread white layer evenly over chocolate layer.
- 14Let harden overnight or at least 4 hours then invert upside down to remove foil.
- 15Break into irregular pieces, not too small.
- 16If you try to break them into very small pieces the white tends to seperate from the dark.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppermint Bark
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dark chocolate wafers
white chocolate wafers