Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great with Vanilla Mint Cupcakes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons pure peppermint extract
- Place the butter in a large mixing bowl. Add 4 cups of the sugar and then the cream and peppermint.
- On the medium speed of an electric mixer, beat until smooth and creamy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Gradually add the remaining sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition (about 2 minutes), until the icing is thick enough to be of good spreading consistency. You may not need to add all of the sugar. If desired, add a few drops of food coloring and mix thoroughly.
- Chill for about 15 minutes in the refrigerator before using, and only use to ice COLD cupcakes.