Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Pepperidge Farms cookies are so expensive. I find making my own are better and I enjoy them so much more. Tell your friends you made them and impress their socks off!
Top Review by Beth A.
Pepperidge Farms Sausalito Cookies are my husband's favorite, but they are so expensive! I made this recipe as well with 1/2 butter, 1/2 butter flavored crisco, since I didn't have enough butter on hand. These turned out great! Very close to Pepperdige Farms recipe. I took some into work, and they were devoured! These are now in my keeper file.
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 (12 ounce) packages semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups macadamia nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter, eggs, and vanilla in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, sift all dry ingredients.
- While the mixer runs on low, add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture until blended.
- Fold in the chips and nuts.
- Form into balls and place 1-inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.