Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
From Top Secret Recipes www.topsecretrecipes.com. I can't wait to try these!!
Make and share this Pepperidge Farm 'wannabe' Ginger Man Cookies by Todd Wilbur recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- red sugar crystals (cake decorating decors)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cream together the sugars, shortening, molasses, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. In another large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, ginger, salt, cinnamon, and cloves. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, stirring while you add it.
- Roll a portion of the dough out on a heavily floured surface. Roll to under 1/4-inch thick. Cut the cookies using a man-shaped cookie cutter, or any other cookie cutter shape you've got.
- Place cookies on an oiled cookie sheet and bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Bake only one cookie sheet of cookies at a time.