1/1 Photo of Pepperidge Farm Gingerman Copycats, Revised
1 hr 10 mins
I got this recipe on here as #97692. I love these cookies and have made them quite a few times since then. Here's the recipe & instructions revised a bit for making the job easier. This can also be made using splenda for baking to cut down on sugar intake and works extremely well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (although if you want to make cookie cutter shapes, have an extra cup on hand)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- red sugar crystals (optional) or powdered sugar, to decorate. (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2Cream together sugars, shortening, molasses, eggs, and vanilla & beat with a mixer until smooth & uniform.
- 3Add remaining dry ingredients (except decoration items), scraping the bowl as you go.
- 4If you choose to make round drop cookies, use the batter as is and scoop out with a TBSP cookie scoop onto greased pan, about 2-3 inches apart.
- 5If you want to make cookie cutter shapes, add extra flour to the bowl 1/4 cup at a time until dough is stiff and clears the side of the bowl. Roll out on a heavily floured surface with a floured rolling pin. Roll out to approximately 1/4 inch thick & cut with the cutters. Then place onto greased cookie sheets.
- 6Bake for 15-18 minutes. (These bake best with only one or two sheets in at a time. If you are making a lot, use two "shifts" of two cookies sheets.).
- 7Let the cookies cool on the sheet for a couple of minutes, then transfer to cooling rack. This will prevent the bottom of your cookies from sinking through the spaces in the rack.
- 8Sprinkle with decorative sugar while still slightly warm.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pepperidge Farm Gingerman Copycats, Revised
Serving Size: 1 (19 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.0
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 11.7 mg
- Sodium 116.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 1.0 g