Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
An awesome addition to your fall salads and desserts (yes...even in desserts! think creme brulee or pumpkin pie w/ these on the side)
- walnuts, use halves and as many as you need for garnishment of a salad (or dessert!)
- black pepper
- egg white
- Whip egg whites with a little water to thin out.
- Dip walnut halves in egg whites, then roll in sugar, then roll in pepper.
- Bake 30-35 minutes at 350 until done.
- Store in dry container at room temp.
I decided I couldn't wait 'til this year's crop of walnuts came in, so I used some that I had hoarded in my freezer from last year. This was an outstanding use of them. They may very well be a great garnish on salads or desserts, but I'll have to wait to find out: I just ate these by the handsful. I used a coarsely ground mix of peppercorns (red, white, green, black), so they were pretty as well as delicious. Thanks.
These had the taste I was looking for. I admit I tried to cut corners by not doing them individually and ran into trouble. Next time I will follow directions. :-)