Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Good stuff from the Emerald Isle! Just in time for St. Paddy's Day.
- 1 lb pork fillet, cut into strips
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ounce butter
- 1⁄2 lb carrot, peeled,cut into strips
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 3 tablespoons Irish whiskey (substitute other whiskey only if you must!)
- 5 fluid ounces sour cream
- fresh parsley, chopped,to garnish
- Liberally sprinkle the pork with black pepper.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan, add the pork and carrots, and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the onions and mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Stir in the whiskey and sour cream and heat through DO NOT boil.
- Serve garnished with chopped parsley.
Well Miller, this was OK for St. Pat's day, but I'm sorry, not special. Followed the recipe to a tee and it turned out good but quite bland. Not sure what I would do if I made it again, but think I would haave to add some herbs or spices. It was very easy and quick to make.