Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very yummy, very versatile sandwich. I love lettuce leaves on my sandwich, but I don't tend to buy lettuce by the head or bunch because I can't eat it fast enough before it goes bad. Sometimes I'll use the leaves from prepackaged lettuces or salad mixes. But all that aside, I love bell peppers; green, red, yellow, and orange. This sandwich was inspired by my hunger, what I had on hand, and my love of bell peppers. (At Subway, I'll have them add green peppers to my sub along with my other fixings. So I decided, duh, why not at home too?) I hope you enjoy this as much as I did. Feel free, thoiugh to mix and match other lunch meats, veggies and bread. Since this was what I had on hand, this is what I used.
- 2 slices multi-grain bread
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (I used Best Foods Low Fat)
- 2 slices peppered turkey breast (from the Deli counter)
- 2 slices honey-roasted ham (from the Deli counter)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 green pepper, sliced thinly
- Spread mayo on both sides of bread.
- Lay the peppered turkey breast on one side, and the honey ham on the other.
- Lay thin strips of green pepper on one side (so when you close the sandwich the pepper is between the turkey and ham).
- Slice sandwich in half, if desired. A crunchy and refreshing change from lettuce!
Very good sandwich! I used mustard instead of mayo - but loved the sandwich! Thanks for sharing! Made for Review Tag.