Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
I'm a pepper freak! I like to make this and put the leftovers in the fridge to have to put on sandwiches or wraps for lunch. Very easy
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and give it a spray of cooking spray(PAM).
- Lay the bacon out on the sheet making sure not to overlap. (you may need to make 2 batches).
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Put into oven for 12 minutes and then start watching until it gets as crisp as you like.
- I leave it in for around 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and put the bacon on a plate covered with paper towels to drain.
I love bacon, but I don't think I'd ever cooked turkey bacon before. It's certainly not as good as the real thing. Still, adding pepper to it and cooking it this way (only the second time I'd ever used parchment paper, I think) makes it better, and a lot less messy. I had this for three consecutive breakfasts. One minor complaint is that the pepper doesn't stick too well to the bacon. I wonder if slightly rubbing it into the bacon before cooking would help any.
Wonderful taste! Easy to bake and very successful! I have tried to bake pork bacon before, but the pieces never became truly crispy because of the extreme grease! Yuck! There was no grease with the turkey bacon and the pepper adds a great Pop! I cooked the pound and use it in place of purchasing precooked bacon, which is expensive! Thank you!
I'd never cooked bacon in the oven before so I tried this recipe. Burned the crud out of my bacon at 15 minutes. Tried another batch at 10 minutes and it was perfect.