1 hr 2 mins
I am always looking for new appetizers for a cocktail party, and this one looks simple, easy to eat and crowd-pleasing. I haven't tried these yet, but I am looking forward to my next party so I can try them. Update: I made these for a tailgating party and they were a huge hit. So simple, easy and delicious! Great presentation too. I was also able to purchase pickled ginger from the sushi bar at my Whole Foods. This will now be a go to recipe for me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons wasabi powder (horseradish powder)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lb fresh tuna steak, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 28 large slice pickled ginger
- 28 wooden skewers (8 inch)
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1Mix 2 tablespoons wasabi powder and 1 1/2 tablespoons water in small bowl to blend. Whisk in 1/2 cup mayonnaise. Cover wasabi mayonnaise and refrigerate at least 30 minutes. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.).
- 2Combine tuna and soy sauce in medium bowl; toss to coat. Marinate tuna 30 minutes at room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- 3Meanwhile, thread 1 ginger slice onto each skewer 2 inches from tip.
- 4Line platter with watercress. Place bowl of wasabi mayonnaise on platter.
- 5Drain tuna; pat dry. Return to medium bowl. Sprinkle with pepper; toss to coat. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tuna and sear until browned on all sides but still pink inside, about 2 minutes total.
- 6Thread 1 tuna cube onto each prepared skewer next to ginger. Arrange skewers on platter and serve.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppered Tuna Skewers With Wasabi Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 28
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 45.2
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 126.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: