Prep 3 hrs
Cook 15 mins
The robust flavors of this dish will satisfy the heartiest appetites. Serve the steaks with mashed potatoes and a crips mixed salad. Prep time includes marinade time.
- 4 sirloin tip steaks (about 6oz. each)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup beer (your favorite kind)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, saucee
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed black peppercorns
- Preheat BBQ.
- Place the steaks in a dish and cover with next 5 ingredients.
- Turn to coat evenly and marinate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Remove steaks from dish and reserve the marinade.
- Sprinkle peppercorns over steaks and press them into the surface.
- Cook steak on a hot BBQ, basting them occasionally with the reserved marinade.
- Cook steaks for about 3-6 minutes on each side, depending on how rare you like them.
This was a decent steak recipe. I marinated the steaks about 8 hours using a heffeweizen. I think next time I will use a darker beer such as a porter. Peppercorns are always good on a steak and those really came through. Thank you.