Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Sarah Ainley’s book, The World’s Best Recipes, Caribbean section. “This dish would be perfect for supper, served on a bed of noodles or with boiled plantains.” Prep time doesn’t include 30 minutes marinating time.
- Slice the meat into thin strips, discarding any fat or gristle.
- Sprinkle the meat with pepper and spice seasoning and set aside to marinate in a cool place for 30 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan and sauté the meat for 4-5 minutes until browned on all sides. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the shallots and garlic to the pan, fry gently for a few minutes, then add the sherry and water and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the cream.
- Reduce heat and adjust the seasoning. Stir in the meat and heat until hot but not boiling. Serve with plantain and garnish with chives.
I had to make this pretty bland because my husband doesn't like spicy food and the jerk seasoning I picked up definitely had a bite to it. It was very easy and fast to make. ZWT9