A great bread that can be cooked on the BBQ in the hot weather. Comes from a Women's Weekly recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, salt, pepper and sugar in large bowl; rub in butter.
- 2Stir in cheese, spinach, buttermilk and enough water to make a soft sticky dough.
- 3Turn dough onto floured surface, knead until just smooth.
- 4Divide dough in half, place in greased disposable baking dish, press each half into a 10cm round.
- 5Cut a cross in dough, about 1cm deep.
- 6Brush with a little extra buttermilk, then sift a little extra flour over dough.
- 7Cook in covered barbecue, using indirect heat, following manufacturers instructions for about 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppered Spinach and Feta Damper
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.8
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 44.7 mg
- Sodium 1943.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 14.6 g