Recipe by Latchy
A great bread that can be cooked on the BBQ in the hot weather. Comes from a Women's Weekly recipe.
- 525 g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 40 g butter
- 200 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves, chopped (210g)
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup water, approx
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and sugar in large bowl; rub in butter.
- Stir in cheese, spinach, buttermilk and enough water to make a soft sticky dough.
- Turn dough onto floured surface, knead until just smooth.
- Divide dough in half, place in greased disposable baking dish, press each half into a 10cm round.
- Cut a cross in dough, about 1cm deep.
- Brush with a little extra buttermilk, then sift a little extra flour over dough.
- Cook in covered barbecue, using indirect heat, following manufacturers instructions for about 40 minutes.