Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I didn't even want to try these, knowing what it was, but I did and loved them. The pepper gives the Spam a bacony taste. Try them, just once!
- 1 (7 ounce) can Spam, any kind
- 1 cup black pepper, coarsely ground
- Slice Spam into 1/4 inch slices.
- Put coarsely ground pepper in small bowl.
- Coat sliced Spam heavily with pepper.
- Grill on preheated grill until browned, turning once.
- Cut into smaller squares and serve plain with toothpicks, or, if you prefer, with a little mustard sauce.
I absolutely did not think this would turn out well at all! After all, I grew up hating spam, but then, of course, at that time there was only one kind! I did, however, go whole-hog because I was making appetizers, & I used both a can of Hickory Smoked Spam & one of Over Roasted Turkey Spam, but did not double the amount of pepper! Served the small cuts of spam on multi-grain crackers & was very happy with the results! Definitely something I'd make again! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]