Recipe by KittyKitty
This was a recipe in my supermarkets seafood dept.. I am always looking for fish recipes, because when it comes to cooking fish, I am a little scared, because I am just clueless as to how to cook it. This was very easy and tasty.
- 2 medium onions, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs red snapper fillets (6)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion, red pepper, and jalapeño strips in oil in a skillet over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until tender, stirring often. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, vinegar, and oregano. Cook 1 minute; set aside.
- Sprinkle fish filets with remaining salt and pepper; place filets in a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Top with veggies. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Garnish with lemon wedges.