Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Don't know where I found this recipe, but it has been in my recipe box for years. Easy and not too spicy. We served it with brown rice pilaf
- 1 lb skirt steak (can use flank steak)
- 2 -4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed (can sub ground coriander)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Cover both sides of steak with lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, combine coriander, 5-Spice powder, black pepper, white pepper and salt. Sprinkle over both sides of steaks, pressing to adhere. Place steaks in plastic bag, refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat broiler on high setting.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add pepper, cook three minutes. Add onion and cook 7 minutes or until at desired tenderness, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, sprinkle vegetables with soy sauce, stirring to combine.
- Broil steaks 4 to 6 inches from heat, turning once. For medium-rare, cook 5 to 8 minutes.
- Place steaks on cutting board, cover loosely with foil; let stand 5 minutes. Cut across grain into thin slices.
- Serve topped with warm pepper-onion mixture.