1/1 Photo of Peppered Salmon With Roasted Root Vegetables
I absolutely love this meal. Simply prepared salmon with a glaze and roasted vegetables. Can you say yum?! I found this recipe in an issue of Better Homes and Gardens. Side note: When I'm eating vegan, this is a great dinner to prepare so my family can enjoy the salmon and veggies, while I just eat the roasted veggies. I love that I don't have to make two separate dinners.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 small beets, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 4 skinless salmon fillets, 4-5 oz each
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper or 1 teaspoon ground pepper, blend
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons water
- chopped green onion (optional)
- 1Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2In a roasting pan, combine carrots, beets, half the oil and half the salt. Roast, uncovered, for about 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. (My veggies weren't done until about 30 minutes because I like them crispier. You choose how crispy you like your veggies!) Transfer to a platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- 3Meanwhile, sprinkle salmon with the remaining salt and all of the pepper. If you like more pepper, feel free to add more! In a 12 inch skillet heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add salmon and cook for 3 minutes. Turn and cook for 3 minutes more or until fish flakes easily, which may take a little more time depending on your heat.
- 4Transfer the salmon to the platter with your vegetables. Add juice concentrate and 2 Tablespoons water to the skillet you used for the salmon. Simmer, uncovered, about 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon the sauce over salmon. Optional = sprinkle chopped green onions over everything.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppered Salmon With Roasted Root Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.0
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 146.2 mg
- Sodium 882.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 66.6 g