Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you want a meal to impress, this dish is visually pleasing as well as being tasty, healthy and quick. What more could you ask for? If you can't find rocket, you could use another kind of gourmet lettuce.
For the fish
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons dried dill
For the yogurt dressing
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 400 g baby potatoes
- 2 cups fresh arugula (rocket)
- Boil the potatoes, drain and leave a couple minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salmon by smearing oil over one side of the fillets.
- Mix the dill and pepper together and spread over a plate.
- Dip the oiled side of the salmon into the mixture and then lay the salmon, herb side up, on a baking tray.
- Bake at 350 F or 180 C for around 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily.
- Once the salmon is in the oven, combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- To serve, set half the rocket in the middle of each serving plate and lay the salmon on top.
- Coat the potatoes with the dressing and arrange half around the salmon.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon.
- Alternatively, you could do a layered effect, with the potatoes on the bottom, followed by the rocket and then the salmon on top.
I used this recipe with another cooking method ("grilled" Salmon) and just sprinkled on salt, pepper, and dill. I wanted to use up leftover potatoes from our St. Patrick's Day dinner. Since I only buy fat free plain yogurt, I added in a spoon of mayo to make it more creamy. It was delicious! Served on a bed of mixed greens along with some tomatoes and cucumbers, dressed in a similar sauce.
This is very good but uses way too much pepper. It's all you can taste if you use the amount listed. I would cut it back by at least 1/2. The yogurt dressing is great!
This was fabulous. I loved the plating ideas - it looked so pretty. It was extremely easy to make. I only used 2 T of dill and 1 T of pepper, but that made the salmon very flavorful. I added some extra dill and pepper to the dressing. I also sprinkled some salt on the salmon. Will definitely make again.