Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 11 mins
UMMM... When you just gotta have beef! Prep time includes 1 hour chill time.
- 4 (10 -12 ounce) rib eye steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
grilled bell peppers
- 4 yellow bell peppers or 4 red bell peppers or 4 orange bell peppers
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Trim fat from meat. Brush steaks with oil.
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, garlic powder, thyme, oregano, lemon-pepper seasoning, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle paprika mixture evenly over meat; rub in with your fingers. Cover steaks and chill for 1 hour.
- Place steaks on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill until desired doneness, turning once. (Allow 11 to 15 minutes for medium-rare doneness [145 degree F] or 14 to 18 minutes for medium doneness [160 degree F].).
- Cut steaks into serving-size pieces. Serve with Grilled Peppers.
- GRILLED PEPPERS: Seed and quarter 4 yellow, red, and/or orange sweet peppers. Brush peppers with 4 teaspoons olive oil. Place pepper quarters on grill rack directly over medium coals. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender and lightly browned, turning once. Remove peppers from grill; cool slightly. Cut peppers into wide strips. Place peppers in bowl. Add 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil and 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar; toss well. Serve immediately or cool to room temperature.