Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 16 mins
This recipe came from my SIL. If you love pepper, you'll enjoy the flavors of these steaks. Prep time includes chilling the steaks.
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 ground red pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 6 rib eye steaks, 1 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine garlic powder, thyme, black pepper, salt, lemon pepper, red pepper, and parsley.
- Brush the steaks with oil.
- Rub steaks with the combined seasonings.
- Place steaks in a large pan.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Grill the steaks over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes on each side (or to your desired doneness).
I made this for myself for dinner the other night. DH doesn't like seasonings on his steak, so since it was for 6 steaks, I just seasoned my ribeye steak to my taste with all of the seasonings and probably going a bit less on the lemon pepper and red peppers as I am a wimp and don't like it real hot/spicy. Served this with baked potato and green beans for a great meal. Made for ZWT8.
Can't go wrong with this seasoning blend if you love pepper!
Yummy steak. I used a rib eye and loved the taste that the rub gave it. Simple and good. Thanks Dreamgoddess for a nice keeper. Made for ZWT8 - Australia.