Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from the Pronto Restaurant at the Coast Canadian Inn in British Columbia, Canada. Easy and wonderful! Raspberries are also grown in the Northeast, Mid Atlantic, Mid West, and West!
- 32 ounces fresh raspberries (or frozen)
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 ounces Grand Marnier, i leave this out (optional)
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream (may be substituted with frozen yogurt)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Wash raspberries. Mix with sugar & Grand Marnier, if using. Let marinate for 5 minutes. Give the berries a dusting of freshly ground black pepper, about 20 turns on a pepper mill. Stir the ice cream by hand until soft. Fold in the whipping cream. Add the raspberries and their juices. Mix well and serve in individual dessert or burgundy glasses.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries & mint leaves, if desired. Enjoy!
Wow, I made this last summer and forgot to review! This is an excellent summer dessert! I do add in the Grand Marnier, and I only do about 10 turns on my pepper mill, as it gives out alot. French vanilla bean ice cream is super with this! Thanks for posting Sharon123.
We loved this simple dessert. We were going to eat these while playing a board game, but everyone stopped the game to concentrate on every bite! In fact, we're having this again tonight. Thanks Sharon123.