1/2 Photos of Peppered Prawns
Very tasty prawn dish. Excellent served with "Fava Beans Supreme", new potatoes, fresh minted peas and new carrots.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 24 large prawns, shelled, tail on (not giant prawns)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dried rosemary
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 ounces lager beer (or orange juice)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1In a heated skillet melt butter, add pepper and stir quickly (10 seconds).
- 2Add prawns, toss and cook for 1 minute.
- 3Add garlic and rosemary, toss and cook 1 minute.
- 4Add Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice, cook 1 minute.
- 5Add beer (or orange juice), cook until it bubbles.
- 6Add a dab more butter if you wish and the parsley.
- 7Serve immediately.
- 8DO NOT OVER COOK THE PRAWNS OR THEY WILL BE TOUGH. JUST ALLOW THEM TO GET PINK AND THEY WILL EXPLODE IN YOUR MOUTH.
Browse Our Top Canadian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppered Prawns
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.1
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 121.2 mg
- Sodium 539.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 10.6 g