Very tasty prawn dish. Excellent served with "Fava Beans Supreme", new potatoes, fresh minted peas and new carrots.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 24 large prawns, shelled, tail on (not giant prawns)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dried rosemary
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 ounces lager beer (or orange juice)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a heated skillet melt butter, add pepper and stir quickly (10 seconds).
- Add prawns, toss and cook for 1 minute.
- Add garlic and rosemary, toss and cook 1 minute.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice, cook 1 minute.
- Add beer (or orange juice), cook until it bubbles.
- Add a dab more butter if you wish and the parsley.
- Serve immediately.
- DO NOT OVER COOK THE PRAWNS OR THEY WILL BE TOUGH. JUST ALLOW THEM TO GET PINK AND THEY WILL EXPLODE IN YOUR MOUTH.
This was the best. Never changed a thing. We served it as an appetiser everyone said it was a keeper. Thank you for sharing this recipe. France
This was AMAZING. Didn't have any rosemary so used oregano instead, no worcestershire so made a mix of soy sauce and balsalmic and probably used a bit more beer than we should have but the result was truly stunning. Try with a side of bbq'd zucchini, mushroom and capsicum.
Great recipe. Loved the pepper flavour. If anything, I might reduce the lemon, but that probably depends a bit on how strong your lemon is. Husband enjoyed it - but did comment on the lemon which I took as implying the lemon flavour was a bit dominant. I served it with rice and some steamed greens.