Recipe by Latchy
A Thai influenced dish, simple to do.
Top Review by Girl from India
Bataboom batabay!!! This is what DH had to say!!! I stir fried the leek and then added all the ingredients as per the recipe. I substituted soy and wocestershire sauce for the fish sauce (1/2 tblsp each) and added fresh red plump chillies (we are getting them now, they are sweet and pungent) Oooooooof!!! DH was lovin' it and so was moi!!!! I seeved it over noodles and took a bow on your behalf :) Fay
- 1 large leek (300g)
- 500 g uncooked king prawns
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut leek in half and cut into 3 cm pieces.
- Add leek to a pan of boiling water and boil until just tender, drain Shell prawns leaving tails intact.
- cut along the centre back of prawns and remove vein, flatten prawns slightly Heat oil in wok, add prawns and garlic stir fry for 2 mins.
- Add sauce, sugar and peppercorns, stir fry until prawns are tender.
- Serve the prawns over leek, pour over the liquid and sprinkle with coriander.
- Serve with chili relish on the side.