Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from the Spring 2003 issue of "Diabetes and You". Exchanges: 1 starch/bread. 248 cal, 1 mg cholesterol, 17 g carbs, 3 g protein, 134 mg sodium, 0 g fat
- 1 lb idaho potato (about 2 medium sized potatoes)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced/crushed
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- paprika, if desired (to garnish)
- Peel potatoes and thinly slice.
- Place potatoes in saucepan with garlic and peppercorns.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Cook 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Drain well, and puree in a food processor, food mill, or blender.
- Return potato mixture to pot, add milk and salt and heat through.
- Sprinkle paprika over potatoes to garnish if desired.
I made this exactly as described in the recipe, and it had absolutely no taste at all.
Yum! I didn't have skim milk, only whole milk, so used that. My husband ate all of them aat one sitting! Thanks! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.