Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A tasty change, make it mild or hot.
- 4 small yukon gold potatoes
- 1⁄2 small yellow onion
- 1⁄4 small sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 small yellow sweet pepper
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Scrub potatoes; do not peel.
- Cube potatoes and boil in salted water until fork tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Finely chop yellow onion and all peppers; combine in a bowl; add cooled potatoes.
- Sprinkle salt to taste.
- Add mayonnaise and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon and press into a small bowl; level top with spoon.
- Sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
This was a really quick and easy potato salad and I love the bite the jalapeno gives the salad. I will be using this recipe again. The only thing that I will do different is to add in sweet pickle relish. That is just a personal preference.
I quadrupled this recipe (x4) for Gato's bday party (40 people) and it worked just great! I used orange, red and green bell peppers and this gave a confetti-like appearance, which suited the event! (I wish I had taken a photo, but it was just TOO busy!) One change I made was that I mixed the cayenne into the light mayonaise before adding to the vegetables so it would be throughout the dish. I It DOES have a bite, which we love, but some of our guests were less excited about that. Served with Chipotle Beef #59224, locally handmade tortillas and TEQUILA! EDIT: Made it again -- this time used red onion, which was GREAT and used equal parts Light mayo, plain FF yogurt and FF sour cream to equal 1/2 cup. A very light, refreshing option! This will be our preference!
Delicious , peppy potatoe salad. Adds a new dimension to a regular potato salad. This can be made as hot or mild as you like it - I liked it HOT. Colorful tasty salad