Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
The pork is quite spicy, but the puree is sweet and balances out the flavors.
Make and share this Peppered Pork Tenderloin With Mango Ginger Puree recipe from Food.com.
- 1360.77 g pork tenderloin (2loins)
- 59.14 ml black peppercorns, freshly cracked
- 14.79 ml salt
- 907.18 g fresh mango
- 78.07 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml cider vinegar
- 28.39 ml sherry wine
- 29.58 ml fresh ginger, grated
- FOR THE PORK:.
- Trim any excess fat or "grisle" off the loins. Mix the salt and cracked pepper and coat the loins with the mixture. Roast in a 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes, or to desired doneness.
- FOR THE PUREE:.
- Combine all ingredients in the med-large sauce pan. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the mango is very tender.
- Puree the mixture either in a blender or with an emulsion blender.
- Slice the pork tenderloin and top with the puree.
A great recipe! Simple yet sophisticated. The mango pure complemented pork beautifully. I had to substitute cherry with some semi-sweet red wine but still it was great. As other people, I served it with rice (jasmine rice) and a salad (red pepper with prunes). Thanks for posting.
This was a big hit in my house. I added a few whole peppercorns for an extra peppery boost, and my husband really liked that. But the mango puree was the real star of this recipe. It had a perfect blending of both sweet and savory tastes. Yum! My kids don't like fully pureed sauces, so I hand mashed it and left a few small mango chunks and they seemed to like that, as did we adults. Like another reviewer, I served the pork and mango puree over rice, and it made a nice presentation. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Chef Jean. Made for Fall PAC 2011.
This made a really great meal. I served it with seasoned rice and salad. The mango sauce is delicous and a great accompaniment to this dish. It would probably go good with with chops and chicken as well. I did cut back on the pepper here but that was just personal preference. I used some red wine (zharaz) because I didn't have any sherry. This was great thanks for posting.