Recipe by Chef Jean
The pork is quite spicy, but the puree is sweet and balances out the flavors.
Top Review by rpmazur
A great recipe! Simple yet sophisticated. The mango pure complemented pork beautifully. I had to substitute cherry with some semi-sweet red wine but still it was great. As other people, I served it with rice (jasmine rice) and a salad (red pepper with prunes). Thanks for posting.
- 3 lbs pork tenderloin (2loins)
- 1⁄4 cup black peppercorns, freshly cracked
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 lbs fresh mango
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE PORK:.
- Trim any excess fat or "grisle" off the loins. Mix the salt and cracked pepper and coat the loins with the mixture. Roast in a 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes, or to desired doneness.
- FOR THE PUREE:.
- Combine all ingredients in the med-large sauce pan. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the mango is very tender.
- Puree the mixture either in a blender or with an emulsion blender.
- Slice the pork tenderloin and top with the puree.