Recipe by Azja Freeman
I got some beautiful Pork Shoulder Chops from the store and decided I wanted to have a Pepper Steak with a Twist. This recipe is delicious and hearty. Enjoy
Top Review by bill mayes
Wow....Bursting with flavor. The veggies were fantastic and it was easy to make.. This dish will show up on our table on a regular basis..Thanks for this recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2014
- 1 lb pork shoulder chop
- 1⁄2 cup portabella mushroom, Rough Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, Rough Chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, Rough Chopped
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, Rough Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup orange bell pepper (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup poblano pepper, Rough Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Rough Chopped
- 1 roma tomato, Cut into cubes
- 3 teaspoons fresh garlic, Chopped
- olive oil
- Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- You'll want to start by getting your Pork into a brine any brine will do. I use Water, salt, peppercorns, honey and apple cider vinegar. Let the Chops sit for at least 20 minutes.
- While your chops are hanging out, You'll want to get all of the veggies into a baking dish. No particular order here.
- Add salt, pepper and olive oil to taste. Give it a stir to incorporate the seasoning. You want to see the olive oil coat everything in the pan.
- Pour in a few tablespoons of water. This way you'll have a nice sauce.
- Remove your Chops from the brine and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the Chops on top of the Pepper mixture.
- Add a dash of Worcestershire to the chops. Cover with foil.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with Rice and Steamed Green Beans. Enjoy.