Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got some beautiful Pork Shoulder Chops from the store and decided I wanted to have a Pepper Steak with a Twist. This recipe is delicious and hearty. Enjoy
- 1 lb pork shoulder chop
- 1⁄2 cup portabella mushroom, Rough Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, Rough Chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, Rough Chopped
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, Rough Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup orange bell pepper (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup poblano pepper, Rough Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Rough Chopped
- 1 roma tomato, Cut into cubes
- 3 teaspoons fresh garlic, Chopped
- olive oil
- Worcestershire sauce
- You'll want to start by getting your Pork into a brine any brine will do. I use Water, salt, peppercorns, honey and apple cider vinegar. Let the Chops sit for at least 20 minutes.
- While your chops are hanging out, You'll want to get all of the veggies into a baking dish. No particular order here.
- Add salt, pepper and olive oil to taste. Give it a stir to incorporate the seasoning. You want to see the olive oil coat everything in the pan.
- Pour in a few tablespoons of water. This way you'll have a nice sauce.
- Remove your Chops from the brine and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the Chops on top of the Pepper mixture.
- Add a dash of Worcestershire to the chops. Cover with foil.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with Rice and Steamed Green Beans. Enjoy.
Wow....Bursting with flavor. The veggies were fantastic and it was easy to make.. This dish will show up on our table on a regular basis..Thanks for this recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2014