Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A wonderful combination that works so well that when friends come over for dinner they all want a copy of the recipe. Want to know why? Just try it and see for yourself!!!
- 50 g butter
- 75 g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1 (450 g) can pineapple rings, halved into semi circles
- 375 g ready rolled shortcrust puff pastry
- baily ice cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees cenrigrade.
- Heat the butter over a medium-high heat in a 24cm skillet.
- Add the sugar and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until caramel coloured.
- Toss in the peppercorns then, using a fork or tongs to pick them up, gently lay the pineapple rings in the pan- be very careful as the caramel is very hot.
- Open out the pastry and cut roughly into a 28cm circle.
- Place the pastry on top of the pan and roughly tuck in the edges, using a fork.
- Bakefor 25 minutes until the pastry is risen and deep golden.
- Remove the tart from the oven, leave to rest for 5 minutes, then place a large pan on top.
- Invert the tart onto the plate, slice and serve with icecream.