Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Pepperfest! Something special for salads..
Make and share this Peppered Pecans recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2-2 1⁄2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups pecan halves
- In small skillet melt butter.
- Add garlic, Tabasco and salt.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Toss pecans with butter mixture.
- Spread in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake at 250 degrees F 1 hour or until pecans are crisp, stirring occasionally.
I liked the flavor of the pecans; but didn't care for the greasy finish to them. I tossed them on a paper towel to help soak some of it up.
I really enjoyed these crunchy peppery pecan bites! I used pecan pieces instead of half pecans. I like the taste and am just eating them out of my hand. I do believe I will try them on a salad tomorrow!