Recipe by Groundhog Gal
Posting this to try later--from Cooking Light 2002--I am currently trying to purge my older magazines--thought this recipe sounded interesting. Servings are approximate. Prep time does not include standing time.
- cooking spray
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml light corn syrup
- 44.37 ml water
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml fresh lemon juice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 354.88 ml roasted peanuts
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml butter
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 1.23 ml cracked black pepper
- 0.59 ml ground red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar and next 5 ingredients (sugar through salt) in a large saucepan, bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook 10 minutes or until sugar dissolves and candy thermometer registers 325 degrees, stirring occasionally.
- Remove mixture from heat; stir in peanuts and remaining ingredients. (The baking soda mixture will cause the mixture to bubble and become opaque.).
- Quickly pour mixture into prepared pan; spreading to edges.
- Let stand 1 hour, break into pieces.