Groundhog Gal's Note:
Posting this to try later--from Cooking Light 2002--I am currently trying to purge my older magazines--thought this recipe sounded interesting. Servings are approximate. Prep time does not include standing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1Coat a large jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- 2Combine sugar and next 5 ingredients (sugar through salt) in a large saucepan, bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 3Cook 10 minutes or until sugar dissolves and candy thermometer registers 325 degrees, stirring occasionally.
- 4Remove mixture from heat; stir in peanuts and remaining ingredients. (The baking soda mixture will cause the mixture to bubble and become opaque.).
- 5Quickly pour mixture into prepared pan; spreading to edges.
- 6Let stand 1 hour, break into pieces.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppered Peanut Brittle--Cooking Light
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.0
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.5 mg
- Sodium 293.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 4.4 g