Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Posting this to try later--from Cooking Light 2002--I am currently trying to purge my older magazines--thought this recipe sounded interesting. Servings are approximate. Prep time does not include standing time.
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Coat a large jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar and next 5 ingredients (sugar through salt) in a large saucepan, bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook 10 minutes or until sugar dissolves and candy thermometer registers 325 degrees, stirring occasionally.
- Remove mixture from heat; stir in peanuts and remaining ingredients. (The baking soda mixture will cause the mixture to bubble and become opaque.).
- Quickly pour mixture into prepared pan; spreading to edges.
- Let stand 1 hour, break into pieces.