1/2 Photos of Peppered New York Strip Steak
Chef Shadows's Note:
One of my originals. Few ingredients and simple yet folks will ask what you did. I have this posted on About.com also. This is not as hot (spicy) as it sounds. The peppers season the steaks just right. Edit 09/25/09 : Lime Pepper seems to not be available latley. You can zest a lime and dice the zest finely and add to fresh black pepper to get the same effect.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place pepper corns in mortar and pestle, coarsely crush until most of the corns are broken (you can use a coffee grinder or food processor for this step).
- 2Cover one side of steaks with crushed pepper and press in firmly, sprinkle with lime pepper seasoning and salt.
- 3Turn steaks over and repeat the same process .
- 4Place in refrigerator for 3 hours, uncovered.
- 5Heat grill, brush grate with vegetable or olive oil and place steaks over hottest part of fire for 3 minutes, turn the steaks over for another 3 minutes.
- 6Move the steaks to a cooler part of grill and continue to cook until done to your liking.
- 7Serve with steak sauce and lots of beer.
- 8This is not as hot (spicy) as it sounds. The peppers season the steaks just right.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppered New York Strip Steak
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 668.2
- Calories from Fat 397
- Total Fat 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 229.6 mg
- Sodium 149.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 59.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: