1/3 Photos of Peppered Lamb Chops
The Flying Chef's Note:
This is a very easy yet yummy lamb chop recipe, I used french trimmed lamb chops but any cut of chop would work just as well with this recipe. I served mine over creamy polenta topped with mushrooms and sprinkled with a few fresh chopped chives. I just saw kiwidutch's review PLEASE NOTE: I used a mild creamy french mustard not dijon that would be way too overpowering if you added 2 Tablespoons. Thanks Kiwidutch for pointing that out I should have made it more clear sorry if you almost blew your head off.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 french trimmed lamb chops (Or if using a larger chop like a loin 1 chop per person, medium sized 2 per person.)
- 2 tablespoons French mustard, mild creamy
- 1 3/4 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2-3 tablespoons cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1Season chops with black pepper both sides about 3/4 Tablespoon (If you don't use quite 3/4 tablespoon, reserve whatever is left over for the sauce.) reserve remaining tablespoon for the sauce.
- 2Cook chops either under the grill, BBQ or pan fry until desired doneness.
- 3For The Sauce.
- 4In a pan add milk, mustard, brandy, Worcestershire sauce and remaining pepper, bring to boil and then reduce to a simmer for a couple of minutes, add cream, heat through and serve over chops.
- 5Note: I find the sauce thickens up enough this way, I have had a couple of times where I found it a little to0 runny, if this is the case just use a little cornflour to thicken.
- 6Serve sauce over chops and sprinkle with chopped chives.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppered Lamb Chops
Serving Size: 1 (485 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1255.7
- Calories from Fat 947
- Total Fat 105.3 g
- Saturated Fat 47.2 g
- Cholesterol 295.8 mg
- Sodium 273.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 63.5 g