Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chicken breasts are covered with coarse pepper and then basted and grilled on the barbecue with a butter basil mixture. Fantastic!
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large garlic clove, smashed
- Press 3/4 tsp coarse ground pepper into meaty sides of chicken breast halves, then sprinkle them with salt.
- Combine melted butter, basil, Parmesan cheese, and garlic to use as a basting mixture for chicken.
- Make mixture ahead and let it steep for at least 30 minutes to let flavors develop.
- Grill chicken over medium coals 8 - 10 min on each side, basting frequently with basting mixture.
Very enjoyable. I used shredded parmesan so had to add it at the end, which wasn't a bad thing. I think this would also be good sauteed. Thanks for the recipe.
We enjoyed this chicken. Next time I make it I will make a little more butter mixture as there didn't seem to be enough for basting. The flavor was good. Thank you for sharing!