Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great for gift giving if they last that long! An easy recipe that will please everyone who tries it.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Combine brown sugar, butter,corn syrup, black pepper and salt in 8 inch skillet.
- Stir over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Add pecans and cook, stirring constantly about 5-7 minutes or until pecans are fragant and well coated with glaze,separating any that are sticking together.
- Spread pecans in a single layer on parchment paper.
- Cool cpmpletely.
What a treasure I have found! These peppered glazed pecans are super easy to make and sooo delicious. The only problem is that there are not enough of them once DH and the family find out about them. I strongly recommend a second batch. These pecans would be a great holiday gift or party appetizer dish. Made for Spring PAC, March 2013.
This really is an easy recipe and a lovely addition to a gift plate of goodies. For my second batch I did not have light corn syrup so used dark; got a richer, more carmelly flavor!